We make tough choices when we buy a product, or when we sign up for a service. We expect companies to give us complete and accurate information so we know what we are buying. But some companies don’t tell us everything they should, or their ads turn out to be misleading or even false. If you believe that a company has ripped you off, contact the litigation attorneys at Kitner Woodward PLLC today.
Lawyers from our firm have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for consumers in all kinds of class action cases. Here are just a few examples:
- A case against Edward D. Jones & Co. based on allegations of a kickback scheme that resulted in a $127 million settlement for customers of the firm.
- A case on behalf of donors against Gospel for Asia, Inc. based on claims that charitable contributions were diverted to other uses, resulting in a $37 million settlement believed to be one of the largest in US history involving a non-profit.
- A case against American Express challenging its increase of an interest rate on credit card balances, resulting in a settlement on behalf of a nationwide class of cardholders.
- A case against A.G. Edwards & Sons that resulted in a $60 million settlement on behalf of customers of the brokerage firm who invested in certain mutual funds.
- A case against J.C. Penny Corporation that resulted in a settlement of $50 million based on allegations of false price discounts.